We are one of the fastest-growing education technology startups based in the UK.
Our team is on a mission to facilitate 10 million students get into the education they deserve by 2025. We are doing this by helping students connect with colleges via WhatsApp and helping them in issues instead of more traditional ways like emails and online forms.
What product will you be working on?
The current student experience for making an application to a college and figuring out what course to take is slow, ineffective and not fit for purpose. We flip this problem on its head by enabling students to get all the knowledge they need at their fingertips so that they can make better decisions faster.
Our product is a human-assisted chatbot that guides the students to figure out the most optimal path for their success. It is fully salesforce native and some of our recent projects have involved building LWC components for WhatApp chat, using Einstein AI for sentiment analysis and developing a multi-tenant scripted chatbot in Salesforce.
What is in it for you?
We believe that Developers work best when they work in small mission-driven teams and focus on customer problems. You will be given a lot of autonomy to figure out ways with your colleagues on how best to solve those problems and we will trust you to make some really important decisions.
We also believe in deep work and that working from home is the best way to achieve our goals. We will provide you with the means to organise your home workspace. We also believe that by investing in your continuous learning our product will have an even more powerful impact on the lives of the students.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Salesforce Developer (SD) who will specialise in the design, development and delivery of our core product. Working at Purlos, you will utilise your development skills and experience to design impactful products that will touch the lives of millions of our students.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Become a ‘founding employee’ of a fast growing EdTech startup
- Fantastic opportunity to lead and champion a product that is shaking-up the industry
- Be mentored by a team of world-class founders and advisors
- Have a personal coach for skills development
- Make a dent in the world by transforming lives of the next generation
- Career progression to Technology lead > Head of Engineering or Solutions Architect > VP Engineering
- Understand business processes and requirements to design and develop practical solutions.
- Plan EPICs, features, project activities and verify their correct implementation.
- Offer suggestions and recommendations during solution design and execution phase to ensure business intent is understood by the project team
- Mentor junior developers and do code reviews.
- Implement customizations on the including: Lightning Web Components using the Lightning Design System, Apex, and declarative platform tools (Flow).
- A creative problem solver who loves experimentation
- Strong business analysis and product skills alongside technical salesforce mastery
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment and be creative within a team.
- 4+ years of Salesforce.com implementation experience
- Salesforce.com certifications: PD I
- Strong understanding of Salesforce architecture, patterns and knowledge of the wider Salesforce ecosystem (integration patterns, architecture styles, data security)
- Strong experience in LWC, Apex and Triggers, particularly within Community Cloud
- Comprehensive understanding of security concepts and secure coding techniques
- Experience with development technologies including ETL tools and REST APIs
- Experience in building and managing CI/CD flows using SFDX and github.
- Hands on experience working with relational databases
- node.js and AWS knowledge is desirable.
WHAT´S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Autonomy and career development in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a product organisation built on salesforce that is on a trajectory to be a unicorn
- Professional training and acquisition of key market certificates
- Competitive benefits, including a fair and balanced leave policy.
- Career coaching and mentorship to help you manage your career and develop professionally.
- Performance Achievement – our performance management process that focuses on your strengths, progress and career possibilities.
- Fantastic opportunities to accelerate your career and learning.
WHAT ELSE YOU GET
- Laptop of choice and home office setup
- Monday Meditations & Wednesday Yoga
- Quarterly socials (paid for travel and stay)
- Holidays and worktime flexibility
- Education Allowance
- Fun team activities!
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Our Perks & Benefits
🏄🏻♀️ 25 days paid vacation
We value that you get more time with your family and friends. Therefore we offer everybody 25 days paid vacation.
🕐 Flexible working hours
We value work-life balance highly, therefore we offer flexible working hours.
🧘 Yoga and meditation at work
Every week we do yoga at work. We want to make sure our colleagues have the energy to do their work properly.
Regular social & team events 🕺
Once a quarter we celebrate our successes as a team.
Additional Pension Contributions ✈️
We offer above minimum pension contributions for all employees
View from a new employee
Hey there! Kristian from Purlos checking in . I hopped on the Purlos train as an Account Manager in November 2022, and let me tell you – it's been a wild ride! This company's got my back like no other. They keep their promises, from the epic quarterly socials to the equal opportunities and endless room for career growth. I've discovered a tribe of amazing, passionate people, including senior leaders who genuinely invest in us as individuals, propelling the entire company forward. We all bring our strengths to the table, united by a common vision.
Dream Big: Unleashing the Power of Education for All
Imagine a world where every learner can access the education they need without barriers, reaching their full potential. That's our dream, and it's what drives us. Our mission is to empower institutions and learners with innovative solutions that promote 100% inclusion, breaking down walls and building bridges to success.
Join the Movement: Transforming Lives, One Learner at a Time
Ready to make a difference? Jump on board and be a part of our mission to transform lives through the power of education. At Purlos, we're not just a team; we're a family. And we're on a journey to change the world, one learner at a time.
Evidence of how amazing we are!
One shining example of our vision in action comes from Ben Davis of Hugh Baird College, who said:
"I would rate the onboarding 10/10. When I needed support someone was in contact with me straight away. At our first enrolment event we enrolled 83% more people for the same event pre-pandemic. It’s about getting hold of the people we can’t normally get hold of."
We were able to empower Hugh Baird College by giving them direct access to learners via WhatsApp when their alternative methods failed to engage a large number of students. They experienced the true value of our company through our speedy responses and direct support, as well as helping them reach their goal through one campaign alone, increasing their enrolment by over 80%.
It does not stop there! My fellow colleagues, past and present, are always raving about the Purlos experience. For example my colleague Julia stated:
"Being part of Purlos has been a fantastic start to my sales career. I received ample learning opportunities, personalized coaching, and support from an inspiring team. My ideas were always welcomed and implemented, making me feel valued.
Purlos also offers a flexible environment and prioritizes career development. I was promoted after just eight months here!"
Julia’s journey showcases our commitment to nurturing a thriving work environment. We are proud to have her and many others in the Purlos family, contributing to the success of our clients and the company.
Closing: Embrace the Purlos Experience and Ignite Your Potential
Are you up for the challenge? Take the leap and join the Purlos family today. It's more than just a job; it's an opportunity to grow, thrive, and make a lasting impact in the world of education. Together, let's break down barriers, foster inclusion, and inspire a new generation of learners to achieve their dreams. Your journey starts here – ignite your potential and become a part of the Purlos revolution!
Purlos is an EdTech software company. We work with Further Education Colleges & Universities to help them grow both their revenue and enrolment by converting and retaining more students during the admissions process. Founded in 2019, Purlos has since gone on to become one of the fastest growing and most innovative software providers in the country. We have strong values which are all centred around students and people who are disadvantaged. We already work with over 100,000 prospective students every year and our aim is to help 10 million students complete their education by 2025.
Loading application form
Already working at Purlos?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.